This is my: Choose and Book
Choose and Book is a NHS service that lets you the patient choose your clinic where you want your test and book an appointment which best suits you.
Your GP will tell you if you need a test or scan. Your GP will then discuss with you the clinics which are available to you to book your appointment. By using any of this is my: clinics, you will also be able to choose the date and time of your appointment.
What does Choose and Book mean for me?
As well as giving you a choice of test centre, date and time for your appointment, Choose and Book will also give you the ability to:
- plan and manage your appointments around any existing appointments, if you are currently undergoing treatment;
- fit your treatment in with your other commitments, at home and at work;
- choose appointments that fit with your needs; and
- check the status of your referral and change or cancel your appointments easily over the phone or on the internet.
How does Choose and Book work?
When you and your GP agree that you need an appointment for a test, Choose and Book shows your GP which clinics are available for your examination. Your GP will then discuss with you the clinically appropriate options that are available for treating your medical condition.
If you know which one of our centres you would like to be seen at then you may be able to book your appointment before you leave the practice. You will be given confirmation of the place, date and time of your appointment.
You may need more time to consider your choices you will take home with you an Appointment Request Letter so you can book your appointment later. Your Appointment Request letter has a unique booking reference number, your NHS number and a list of hospital or clinic options for you to choose from. Your GP practice will also give you a password with your Appointment Request letter.
You can then book an appointment with us via the telephone or via the internet.
The benefits of Choose and Book
- You can choose any hospital or clinic within England funded by the NHS (this includes NHS hospitals and some independent hospitals and clinics). More information about hospitals is available on the NHS Choices website;
- You can choose the date and time of your appointment;
- You experience greater convenience and certainty. With Choose and Book, the choice is yours; and
- There is a reduced risk that correspondence gets lost in the post as most of the communication is done via computers.